We love LOVE. And we especially love showing it! With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, we have gift shopping on our mind. If you do too, we have you covered on ideas. From online goodies to local treats, you’re sure to find a Valentine’s Day treat or gift to make your Valentine feel the love.
Valentine’s Day Cards
While a card doesn’t usually take the limelight compared to flowers or chocolates, if done right it can steal the show (and the heart!) Words aren’t all that matter, but they sure do count. The warm feeling of knowing you’re appreciated when reading a touching, personal card is unmatched. We love to write thoughtful, and even poetic cards here at Simplified. If you aren’t the best at written expression, this is a perfect opportunity for you to have us work our magic.
If you want something fun, LovePop sells sweet pop-up cards that look like bouquets. They have a store in Harvard Square, and stands in the Prudential Center and Faneuil Hall. View their eclectic Valentine’s Day collection.
Flowers for your valentine
Ah, the classic. Flowers are a Valentine’s Day staple and you can’t go wrong with a bouquet of fresh-picked stems. The traditional red rose bouquet is synonymous with romance. Others delight the eyes (and nose) with their lovely colors and scents. Some folks prefer natural colors, while others like the uniqueness of dyed petals.
- Stapleton Floral Design in South Boston is a Boston local business that has a gorgeous selection of arrangements for those looking for something chic.
- Rouvalis Flowers in Beacon Hill makes beautiful use of greens like eucalyptus and succulents in their designs, and pinks and purples abound in the orchids of their Valentine’s Day selection.
- Sunny Florists in Seaport offers that classic elegant look in their red rose bouquets, as well as pinks and whites that create an overall romantic look.
boston area Chocolates and Treats
Is it really Valentine’s Day without some chocolate? This decadent confection is a known aphrodisiac (dark chocolate in particular), so it’s no surprise it fills the shelves when the day of love rolls around. And on a special occasion, we recommend treating your Valentine (and of course, yourself) to a little splurge for high-quality taste.
If you like chocolate that’s minimally processed and more naturally “chocolatey”, like cacao nibs and milk-free, Taza in Somerville. Not only do they grind their cacao and do the whole chocolate making process on-site, but they also offer tours! (One of our concierges has tried it and had a blast.) But don’t mistake natural for boring: they offer unique flavors like Guajillo Chili, Vanilla, Cinnamon, Coffee, and more. We especially recommend the Raspberry Crunch for Valentine’s Day.
If presentation is key for you, Petrova Chocolates in East Boston has a visually striking selection of chocolates. Each of their bonbons is a work of art. With flavors like Passionfruit Mango and Mavrud Wine, your tastebuds will be in for a treat.
If you love to DIY, opt for a deliciously different route with a bouquet of floral cupcakes. Lisa Mackin is a Boston-based buttercream artist who makes realistic flowers out of her icing. Take her course to delight your Valentine, especially if they aren’t into real flowers.
nontraditional Valentine’s day Gift ideas
- When the flowers and chocolates are gone, it’s nice to have something to hold onto. Consider snuggling up in this cozy heart-shaped footsie blanket.
- If you like experiential gifts, opt for this romantic Valentine’s fondue set for two.
- If you go to a lot of events, concerts, shows, or even trips together, this ticket stub diary offers a way to save all of those nostalgic tickets. Make it a scrapbook by storing photos too!
- For the bookworm, consider gifting this book of the greatest love poems. (Consider adding one of your own to the collection to make it more personal!)
And if you’re still in need of inspiration, reach out to us! We’ll find the perfect solution (and even get you a last minute gift, because life happens.) Consider Simplified for your deliveries, shopping, and reservations this Valentine’s Day!