When it comes to Valentine’s Day, we are lucky to have so many fantastic dining spots, chocolate makers, and flower shops in the Boston area. With so many options to choose from, it’s also easy to get overwhelmed by all of the choices. Whether you plan to celebrate this special holiday at home or out this year, we’ve listed the best locally owned shops and small businesses for your Boston local Valentine’s Day.
Chocolates & Desserts:
- L.A. Burdick, or ‘Burdick’s, sets a high standard in the area for handmade chocolates. The shop and café has two locations, one on Newbury Street and one on Harvard Square. their handmade Valentine’s Day chocolates are packaged in their iconic wooden gift box hand-tied with a ribbon and hand-stamped with a wax seal.
- Looking for something sweet other than chocolate? Farmhouse Baking Co. is a family owned, small batch bakery specializing in French Macarons. Their signature buttercream macaron makes the perfect Valentine’s Day dessert, but they also have fun flavors the whole family will enjoy like Fluffernutter and Fruity Pebbles.
Cards & Flowers:
- You can’t go wrong with roses from Winston Flowers. They also offer fantastic gift boxes featuring local artisans and wine.
- Table & Tulip in the South End offers a Valentine’s Day collection filled with unique arrangements like their My Galentine and Va-Va-Bloom bouquets.
- When you are looking for a fun selection of artisan-made cards and gifts, browse the shelves at Albertine Press in Cambridge.
Want to make things simple? Contact us to pick up or drop off fresh flowers with a personal note.
Dinner & Drinks:
- For drinks with a view, snag a spot in one of the igloos at Lookout Rooftop. Located on the roof of the Envoy in Seaport and featuring some delicious drinks, this spot will definitely make your detail feel like you went the extra mile.
- The Urban Grape is a Black-owned and woman-owned small business located in the South End. They have a wide selection of Sparkling Wine that you can easily shop from their website. Then you have the options for local delivery, shipping or store pickup.
- The Wine Press, with locations in Brookline and Fenway, have a great selection of Natural Wines and offer curbside pickup, local delivery for orders over $35, and flat fee shipping to anywhere in Massachusetts.
- Bar’Cino in Brookline offers in person dining and a heated outdoor patio that is still available. Enjoy multiple courses and cocktails from their Italian-inspired menu for a really special evening.
- If you’re looking for a vegetarian or vegan menu, order takeout from Nussli118° in Cambridge. You can try their three course special menu for Valentine’s Day or pick up a vegan tart for dessert. They are a Black-owned and woman-owned small business, and all of their plant-based food is gluten-free, dairy-free and organic.
- If you are looking for something for the whole family to enjoy, try the special Valentine’s Day Prix Fixe menu at The Street in Chestnut Hill: Bianca. It’s a family-friendly restaurant with delicious options for the whole family like homemade pasta, sushi rolls, and Roman style pizza.
Save time and have our team order and deliver everything you need for your love-filled meal.
Jewelry & Gifts:
- Two of our favorite local jewelers are Irina Victoria Jewelry and Porcelain and Stone. Shop their collections online to find the perfect necklace, ring, or earrings for your Valentine. They also both offer gift cards if your Valentine is picky.
- If you are setting the mood, pick up candles from Vessel Candle Co or Noted Candles. Both will ship your candles to arrive in 1-5 business days, and Noted Candles also offers pick up from their Hingham studio.
- Find fun Valentine’s Day gifts for kids from Magpie Kids and Henry Bear’s Park. If you can’t stop by their shops, you can order and ship online. Magpie Kids also offers local pickup to save time and shipping costs.
If you’re not sure what to buy for that special someone or need help with ordering, delivering, or wrapping, we’re here for you!