The first day of spring is March 20th but we’re not wasting any time getting our clients ready to enjoy their outdoor spaces and tackling our home maintenance checklist. To make sure your home is prepared for the season, start on these seasonal maintenance projects.
- Window, inside and outside, cleaned
- Gutters cleaned
- Confirm landscaping contracts for the season
- Spring landscaping clean up
- Replace batteries in all smoke detectors and carbon monoxide alarms
- Dryer vent cleaned
- Pull out patio furniture
- Patio furniture cleaned and resealed, if necessary
- Patio cushions cleaned and/or new ones purchased
- Grill cleaned and propane tanks refilled
- Plant window boxes
- Install new patio lighting, heater and/or fire pit
- Rugs, upholstery and window treatments cleaned
- Deep spring cleaning of the house
- Air Conditioning system serviced
- Mosquito control scheduled
- Irrigation system turned on
- Power wash patio and deck
- Begin planning for summer vegetable garden
Running low on time and worried about keeping up with home management? Your Simplified Home Management team can help with all your spring home maintenance needs and Consider it Done.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in May 2016 and was updated for accuracy and comprehensiveness in 2022.