Easter mornings are often filled with Easter baskets overflowing with candy. We love a chocolate bunny but kids on early morning sugar highs can lead to a long, tiring day! We’ve created a list of alternative basket fillers for this year’s baskets, with ideas for all ages.
Easter Basket Ideas that skip the candy:
- Deck of cards
- Fun face mask
- Sidewalk chalk
- Matchbox cars
- Crayons/markers or colored pencils or fancy pens
- Tickets good for a future visit to a play, movie or sporting event
- Craft kit
- Stuffed animal
- Lego set
- Video game
- Beach/pool toy
- Gift card
- Money: can easily be stuffed into plastic eggs and placed in Easter baskets
- Bath toy
- Painting set
- Travel-sized games
- Water balloons
- Nail polish
- Silly putty
- Jump rope
- Football, frisbee or soccer ball
Themed Easter Baskets:
We love the idea of a themed Easter basket, too – based on the hobbies of each of your loved ones:
- Movie Night
- Spring Activities
- Rainbows and Unicorns
- Super Heroes
Healthy and Fun Easter Homemade Snacks for Kids
Looking for some healthier sweet ideas, check out these recipes:
Let the Simplified team know if we can help organize any aspects of your upcoming Easter celebrations!
- Easter baskets: We love to shop for and assemble Easter baskets for the little ones in your life. We’ll even make ones for the adults too.
- Egg decoration: Let us find the best Easter egg dyes and decorations for you and your family. We’ll also pick up the pre-cooked eggs if you don’t have time to boil them.
- Easter festivities: Hosting or going to an Easter meal or party? We can help arrange a caterer, shop for the meal, buy decorations and even pick out the perfect hostess gift.
- Brunch, lunch or dinner: Want to eat out or order a meal to-go? We’ll call in the order or make the restaurant reservations for you.
- Egg hunts: Not sure where any local eggs hunts will be hosted? We’ll find them for you.
Need help making Easter this year a success? Ask how our Holiday Planning services can help.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in March 2021 and has been updated for accuracy and comprehensiveness.