It’s finally starting to feel like fall here in Boston. For many, that means back to home projects and focusing on maintenance to make sure your place is in tip-top shape for winter. If you’re not sure where to begin, here is our fall home preparation checklist to get you started.
Most of these tasks require you reaching out to a preferred service provider and making an appointment. It’s best to start making these appointments as early in the fall as possible as many of the best service providers’ schedules fill up quickly.
FALL HOME PREParation CHECKLIST:
- Gutter cleaning
- Roof check
- Heating system yearly maintenance
- Turn off/blow out irrigation system
- Install storm windows
- Examine pool for damage
- Wood stove and fireplace inspection
- Clean humidifiers
- Fertilize lawn
Give our team a call so we can recommend trusted vendors, schedule appointments and be there so you don’t have to. In addition to what needs to be done around the home, you also have the holidays to start thinking about! Giving yourself a head start on some of these tasks will make the holiday season stress-free and allow you to sit back and relax.
- Pick out Halloween costumes for the family
- Pick up halloween candy for the neighborhood trick-or-treaters
- Book flight and hotel reservations for holiday travel
- Start organizing your holiday cards and gift lists
- Send invitations to your Thanksgiving dinner
- Sort through holiday decorations from last year, toss or donate what you won’t use
As the pace picks up for the fall season, don’t fall behind. Go through your lists and identify the tasks you like to do and delegate the rest to us–our team will help you live in the moment and enjoy the season!
Reach out to us regarding our Home Management Services for any support you need this season.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published September, 2017 and has been updated for accuracy and comprehensiveness.