People always ask us at Simplified, “What’s the weirdest request you’ve ever gotten?” We often struggle to find an answer because we honestly don’t find our client’s requests strange. The concierge services we provide for the most part are simply projects that come up in people’s everyday lives!
On the other hand, there are definitely concierge services that we wouldn’t have been able to imagine that we would have been tasked with. Here are the 10 most commonly requested projects or tasks:
10 MOST REQUESTED CONCIERGE SERVICES:
- Drop-off and pick-up dry cleaning.
- Manage repairs (i.e. cars, shoes.)
- Hire a home vendor (i.e. plumber, electrician, handyman, pest control.)
- Wait for a home vendor (i.e. cable tech, furniture deliveries, security company, locksmith.)
- Picking up and putting away groceries.
- Book travel (i.e. airline or hotel reservations.)
- Organize a room or closet.
- Purchase gifts (i.e. birthdays, hostess, corporate gifts).
- Peace of mind check-ins on homes while owners are out of town.
- Coordinate home moves.
And just for fun, here are a few projects that surprised us!
- Hiring security for a birthday party
- Hiring a beekeeper
- Designing merchandise
- Breaking up with your current housekeeper & finding a better one
- Finding exotic animal pet care
- Downsizing kids toys without them noticing it
- Hiring a production assistant for a film project
The possibilities seem endless! While there are few things we haven’t done for clients, it will be difficult for anyone to surprise us. Our personal concierge services will give you back the free time you deserve.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in July 2017 and has been updated for accuracy and comprehensiveness.