Memorial Day is the unofficial start to summer in Boston. After a grueling New England winter, Bostonians are ready to get outside and enjoy as much sunshine as possible. While many people leave the city for Memorial Day, there are lots of ways to celebrate for those of us who stay.
MEMORIAL DAY IN BOSTON:
- See a Red Sox Game: Kick off the season with a day at Fenway. Take a tour of the park or get tickets to a game.
- Visit a museum (for free): Admissions to the Museum of Fine Arts and the Institute of Contemporary Art are free on Memorial Day.
- Take a free Ferry Ride: Boston Harbor offers a free visit to the Harbor islands on the holiday weekend; consider taking a ride back in time to Civil War-era sites like Fort Warren.
- Enjoy Outdoor Dining: Enjoy patio or rooftop dining in restaurants all across Boston. (If you’re up to being a true Bostonian, go no matter the weather.) Contact us to make a reservation.
- Head to the Beach: You can access many of Boston’s beaches via public transportation. For a unique experience, visit Boston HarborWalk at Carson Beach in South Boston. Enjoy a picnic and the scenery (minus the sand.)
- Enjoy the Charles River. Walk the esplanade, go kayaking, or take a sailing lesson.
- Take the ferry to Provincetown. If you really want to get away from the city, head down to Cape Cod for fun events that everyone will enjoy. Avoid traffic and take in the fresh air on the Provincetown ferry.
If you’d like help making the most out of your Memorial Day weekend, contact Simplified. Let the winner of Best of Boston concierge take care of the details with our Personal Admin services.