Summer is around the corner and that means beach days and late sunsets, but it also means kids out of school. Giving those bundles of energy some last minute summer activities can not only be educational and formative, but a way to keep some much needed time to yourself or bond together.
While vacations, camps and summer activities are usually scheduled months in advance, sometimes plans fall through or things get cancelled. This can leave you wondering how to spend your time and keep your kids entertained. If you need some ideas for last minute summer activities for your kids, we have a few:
Last minute summer activities for kids:
- Splash Pad: Splash pads are fun for kids and adults alike. Some of our favorites include the Boston Frog Pond, Artesani Park and the Rose Kennedy Greenway Fountains.
- Camp: Not all camps have to be booked six months in advance. Steve & Kate’s Camp offers day passes in addition to memberships.
- City Walking Tour: The Boston By Little Feet tour is perfect for 6-12 year olds. This childs-eye view of the Freedom Trail is the perfect way to combine summer with learning.
- Outdoor Movies: Check out these outdoor (and drive-in) family-friendly movie line-ups in Boston and the local area.
- Visit A Farm: Farms abound right outside of Boston. One of our favorites is Drumlin Farm. In addition to farm animals, it has a wetland habitat and teaches kids how crops are sustainably grown.
There’s no reason to have a boring day with your family this summer. If you feel like you’ve exhausted all of your kid-friendly options, contact Simplified about our Personal Admin Services. We are pros at finding last minute summer activities for kids and we can make sure your summer schedule is filled with activities and outings for you and your kids to enjoy.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in September 2018 and has been updated for accuracy and comprehensiveness.