Is there an area of your home you have been looking to organize but just can’t get started? Are you hosting an event soon and need the home organized? A professional organizer may be the right choice for you. Before hiring one, however, it is important to know if it is right for you. Does everyone need a professional organizer? Will it really help you? Read on to find out if it is the right decision for you and your needs.
When to hire a professional organizer
Lacking free time is one of the best reasons many seek out a professional organizer. With a professional on your side, you can have someone who will help make decluttering and organizing a priority.
If you are motivated but easily overwhelmed, this may be another sign that a professional organizer is right for you. They can act as a coach who can keep you on track. A big skill of a professional is breaking down big and potentially overwhelming projects into smaller and more manageable sections.
How to find a great professional organizer
If you decide that an organizer is right for you, it is important to know what to look for. Here are some things you may want to search for:
- Working as a team: Any good professional organizer should take on projects as a team, not as an individual. This is especially true if you have a larger project to tackle. They should work alongside you to make sure they are meeting your needs and handling the project with the highest care needed.
- Transparency: A professional organizer should be open with you throughout your working relationship. “Magic Solutions” are often magical because they are not easy to maintain or customized for your specific needs and lifestyle. Find someone who will work with you to find the best solution and communicate effectively along the way.
- Supporting the right businesses: Organizing is a collaborative effort, which is why whoever you choose should be working in tandem with businesses you support. Your collaborators should try and source the organizing materials from local businesses. You and your collaborators should also make sure to drop off the donations from the project at your favorite non-profits.
At Simplified, our organizing services want to work with and for you to help make everything perfect. We will take on any project and are always willing to step up to a challenge. We specialize in:
- Donate or sell unwanted items
- Identify storage solutions
- Home and office organizing
If professional organizing is right for you, reach out to us today to see how we can help!