The heart of winter is a perfect time for a relaxing getaway to Cape Cod. Now is the time to experience the new restaurant you have been dying to try or get a massage at that always-booked spa. In the past, the Cape was a ghost town in the winter, but now there are so many great restaurants, galleries, and museums that stay open year-round. If alone time is what you and your sweetie are looking for, then Cape Cod is the perfect destination for you.
Here are a few of our suggestions for a love-filled visit:
- Catch a Sunset– Some of the most beautiful vibrant sunsets are during the winter. Bundle up, grab a hot chocolate and some chocolate-covered strawberries from The Hot Chocolate Sparrow, and head down to our personal favorite, Skaket Beach to take in the view.
- Bubbles, Brine & a Spectacular View– This year Wequassett Resort is hosting an afternoon of oyster tastings and Champagne amidst the backdrop of beautiful Pleasant Bay. We’re not sure if this is an indulgence or a necessity.
- Romantic Dinner– Book a spot by the fireplace in Ciro & Sal’s cozy wine cellar and sip nostalgically on a straw-covered bottle of Chianti Classico while the Atlantic storms howl outside.
- Dinner & a Movie– The Chatham Orpheum Theatre is the perfect location to see the Oscar-nominated movie you have been dying to see. Grab a snack and a drink at the café before the show. Then head on over to Cuvée at Chatham Inn’s wine bar for a sweet dessert with your date after the show.
- Massage– Spend a day at The Chatham Bars Inn Spa. Book a massage and hop into one of their hydrotherapy tubs to discover an escape for your body and soul. We can’t think of anything more romantic than one of their Spa Suites, which features an open-concept room style with a gas fireplace and deep soaking tub. Oh, and a sauna too.
- Book an Inn– Cape Cod offers some of America’s most charming B&Bs, like Brewster By The Sea, Captain’s Manor, Candleberry Inn, and A Little Inn on Pleasant Bay where breakfast and total relaxation are served. Sometimes, the art of doing nothing at all is the greatest treat!
If you have someone special in your life but aren’t sure how you’ll find the time to book those reservations or plan your romantic Cape Cod getaway, we can help.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in February 2017 and was updated for accuracy and comprehensiveness.